Thinking about an ipad

chrisharbin

Hall of Fame Member
I don't see any point in getting a macbook right now because this mac is really all I use for music, maybe, I dunno. My windoze lappy is pretty good and I can do music with it, but I don't. I'm not happy with the incompatibility with mac and feel that I'd be better served with going all apple.

My needs are pretty poultry, a camera, being able to surf the net, store some stuff, nothing major. I have a very old ipad that I loved but the cat knocked it off the table and the screen is cracked. Still works, but the cat is long gone and I'd like a new one.

Any thoughts before I start getting serious about it? Also, is there any reason I should get a macbook instead? I don't they are touchscreen which is super important to me.

chrisharbin

Hall of Fame Member
Ooooo, BB will take my lappy on trade in. I think I'm just going to go with the 64GB, I don't think I need the 256, unless there are extra features.

chrisharbin

Hall of Fame Member
BTW, I just went iphone, going ALL Apple baby!

klasaine

Hall of Fame Member
I’m 2 out of 3 currently.

chrisharbin

Hall of Fame Member
I’m 2 out of 3 currently.
So, Mac, and.......iphone, or ipad? I HATE my android phone, HATE. The lappy is cool-ish, but it's not compatible with the Mac.

chrisharbin

Hall of Fame Member

chrisharbin

Hall of Fame Member
iPad 10th is an A14 chip, iPad Pro is M2, and iPad Air (5th) is M1. Pro has TB. Air and Standard have USB-C. Pro has better camera and supports 4k pro res.
Ah, yep, I'm going for that :) I don't want to feel the need to upgrade.

klasaine

Hall of Fame Member
So, Mac, and.......iphone, or ipad? I HATE my android phone, HATE. The lappy is cool-ish, but it's not compatible with the Mac.
Mac and iPad.
I get on fine with my Android phone (Samsung Galaxy S23) but I don't really treat it like a hand-held computer. Communication, GPS and a camera are it's primary use. No games and very little video or music. But ... they used to be considerably less expensive than an iphone. They're not anymore so when this one gives it up, I will probably go all in Apple.

chrisharbin

Hall of Fame Member
There are two reasons why I'm "upgrading" to an iphone:

1. I have that same phone. I don't know about you, but mine CONSTANTLY wants to update. And it's not like Apple where you have a choice....it NAGS. Really irritating.
2. Compatibility with my Mac/Ipad

It was not cheap because the Galaxy is relatively new, but still pretty stoked that I'll be able to take pics and all and have the seamless compatibility.

....Got an hour to go before BB, can't wait!

chrisharbin

Hall of Fame Member
Got it. Don’t know how to use it yet :ROFLMAO: Sent from it.

Bruce_Sokolovic

UADdiction Counselor
I have an iPad Pro. I use it to view PLEX, run stagetraxIII for the band and mixing station for the mixer as a backup. Use a dedicated old iPad Air for that but when it dies the pro mirrors it. iPhone to bitch to the world. Mac mini runs my home server for Plex, 2012 Mac Pro handles all my UL/DL traffic. Production computer is a PC.

chrisharbin

Hall of Fame Member
[video]

chrisharbin

Hall of Fame Member
Consider getting a robust case for your iPad.
Mine gets dropped weekly, and whilst the plastic bit of the case is now a bit trashed, the iPad within it is fine.
Excellent idea.

chrisharbin

Hall of Fame Member
iphone comes tomorrow. I'll be 100% Apple, for better or worse......

Neotrope

Established Member
Happy with my iPad USBC Intel final (use in living room for streaming audio lossless in DAC); USBC iPad Pro M1 for work, research, blah blah; iPhone 13 normal for work; iPHone 13 PRO for personal and photos; Apple Studio M1 Max in office; Studio M1 ULTRA in studio; Apple TV 4K HDR. I'm stuck in, baby. No escape ... not even light.

Gary D

Apple all the way here. Mac and iPad in the studio ( the iPad sits on the desk mostly connected to my UADFX, never had a single connection issue since day one ),Personal Mac book pro elsewhere and an iPhone. I also have a spare older Mac in case something goes wrong in the studio.

I could never go back, it all works together so well.

chrisharbin

Hall of Fame Member
So, pretty easy to understand. Took me the better part of the day to figure out how to get it to sync with my Mac wirelessly, but got it now.

Really looking forward to the iphone today. Another learning curve though :ROFLMAO: Again, my windoze lappy was pretty killer overall, but I just can't deal with the Android. It's a good quality phone, but it doesn't even sync well with that lappy. Ah tech, the more it changes, the more it stays the same.....always workarounds and futzing.

Hoping that going all Apple will improve my daily routine rather than monkey business.

chrisharbin

Hall of Fame Member
Apple all the way here. Mac and iPad in the studio ( the iPad sits on the desk mostly connected to my UADFX, never had a single connection issue since day one ),Personal Mac book pro elsewhere and an iPhone. I also have a spare older Mac in case something goes wrong in the studio.

I could never go back, it all works together so well.
It took just a few minutes to power on the iphone, have it sync with everything and be up and running....it's beautiful.

Unlike the ipad, it's a bit warm though.

chrisharbin

Hall of Fame Member
Oh gawd, just got my first ATT bill for the iphone.....it's even 5 bucks more than I thought. Have I ever mentioned how much I hate Att? Shiest.

UAD Bundle Month