• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

This is my new Girlfiend!!

Big Harpe

Glad you like it. I'm not bragging mind you, just sharing the joy and love with my good friends here.

:D

Big Harpe

Those were the days, huh Cass? He's gone now and most eveyone seems to be behaving nicely, so I haven't had to post any pics lately. BTW, those photos of Eric were not doctored one bit. I have no idea what you are talking about
:wink: :wink:

tunetown

She's a bitch........!!!!!

but I'll gladly take her off your hands to save you years of heartache.

:wink:

Big Harpe

Again, I am just glowing, not trying to brag. I worked really hard and waited a long time to get something like this. Anyone else have some cool pics they'd like to share? Any piece of equipment that you love will do, a guitar, studio, amps, effects, compressors, mics, etc, etc. Share the love people!! I know it's out there, share it, please!!

Big Harpe

Very nice. It was one of the selling points since it's the only Les Paul with this type of neck, unless you order it Custom made. I have a Peavey Wolfgang with the same basic neck structure, well rounded and smooth maple for fast lead runs, and I love to play that too. How about you, what do you play?

BTW, the bass player in my band plays an OLP and it is a great bass guitar to play. OLP is the best bang for the buck IMHO, and his bass has a smooth neck like this too.

Thanks,

cAPSLOCK

Oh,... shes all dressed up and looks so nice in her case. But I can tell... she's very naughty...

'grats Harpe.

Eric Dahlberg

Purveyor of musical dreams fullfilled.
Mmm, nothing like a girl in camo...

Akis

Sadly, left this world before his time.
Big Harpe said:
How about you, what do you play?
Well, when it comes to guitars, I have a very small harem:

Gibson Les Paul Standard+
Gibson ES-345
Fender '52 Tele re-issue (US)
Washburn N4 (the dark version)
Schecter A7 Elite (Diamond Series)

...and a Martin D28.

The Peavey Wolfgang was on my list for a while, but then I got into the DAW world: "$149 for this plug, $199 for that - oh, wait a second: I also have a voucher for this one and it's only $99 if I buy it now... Oh, e-mail delivery for that plug, that's cheap - thanks Eric!!!" etc... I've even sold an SG and 2 Strats I had, in order to buy software... :oops:

Big Harpe

Good taste Akis. I too have a Tele, another LP, a Strat and a Schecter (plus my Ibanez RG3120-sweet).

Glad there are other guitar lovers here. More pics guys and gals!!

T-Dogg

Never was into the Les Pauls... But just this week I sat in with a band for a few songs, using the guitar player's black beauty Les Paul through a JCM 800 with everything turned up way too loud... Complete opposite of my strat/bassman rig...

And I get it now. That rig was rock and roll as f'ck!!! So I can only imagine your current setup is a wet dream to rock out on... Congrats!!! are you gonna gig with it?

Akis

Les Paul + cranked up Marshall = :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

RWIL

Established Member
Akis said:
.. I've even sold an SG and 2 Strats I had, in order to buy software... :oops:
Oh that remind me the most **** stupid sale I did in my life, and to buy some synths... The guitar was a beautiful JC Larivee cutaway with abalone inlays all the way... :cry:

Congralutation Big Harpe! Nice guitar!

The only Gibson i'm using a lot is a black Howard Roberts Jazz, and I love to listen to his clean sound from a Great River ME-1NV preamp....

RW

Akis

RWIL said:
Akis said:
.. I've even sold an SG and 2 Strats I had, in order to buy software... :oops:
Oh that remind me the most **** stupid sale I did in my life, and to buy some synths... The guitar was a beautiful JC Larivee cutaway with abalone inlays all the way... :cry:
Well, when I sold them, I already had both my Gibbos (and the SG Special I had, though with an ebony fretboard and pick-ups direct mounted to the body, didn't do anything the other 2 couldn't do better for my liking); the Strats were a Mexican Floyd Rose one (covered by my N4) and an American Standard, which felt really awkward to play after a couple of months in which I couldn't leave my vintage-style Tele off my hands. :wink:

Also, to be more exact, most of that money went to software, but also to buy a Fender Am. Series Precision Deluxe V bass. :mrgreen:

Eric Dahlberg

Purveyor of musical dreams fullfilled.
When my parents house almost burned down back in '93, I sold off most of my high-end gear rather than face the possibility of losing it all in such a catastrophe (didn't have a concept of home owner's/renter's insurance back then). So off went the 1960 tweed Deluxe, off went the 1987 10 Top PRS, etc. etc.

Fortunately, I did hang on to a few misfit gems, such as a 1959 Les Paul Special that had fallen on its headstock during the Northridge earthquake (i.e. it's got no resale value but it's still a '59!!!) & a 1963 brown face Deluxe that someone had chopped in half to turn into a head. Me 'n Neil Young think you Marshall wankers are a bunch of sugar mountain fairies. ;)

Big Harpe

And I get it now. That rig was rock and roll as f'ck!!! So I can only imagine your current setup is a wet dream to rock out on... Congrats!!! are you gonna gig with it?
I play out about 6 times a month and will use this guitar often. This weekend is a double header, a local club Friday and then Lakewood Blueclaws Stadium on Saturday (Minor League Baseball). Nice stadium for a minor league team.

Since the new axe is a collecor's item I will pamper it. I am going to pass my guitars on to my kids and they will never sell them unless they are in dire straits. I have no problem using it to play out with. Still, part of me wants to lock it up. It's the last guitar purchase that I'll be making for some time. Next is a DAW upgrade, and I will go to Eric for it.

Thanks to all for the congrats!!

Here is a picture of my guitar rack:

UAD Bundle Month