• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

Tired of Nforce4 click & noise problems..

cribproductions

So i have decided to use a different MB/chipset. However Does anyone here have good experiences with PCI-E graphic cards and well let's say SIS chipset as ASUS A8S-X has, or the Asrock 939Dual-SATA2 with the Uli chipset? Not to mention ASUS A8V-E SE with the VIA K8T890?

I'm running an AMD X2 3800+ on an Asus A8N5X
Audio card is RME Multiface

(I'd rather not go back to an AGP card, love gaming too much)

Thanks .. Happy New Year.. :D

Jeraz

I am doing fine with the nForce 4 board. The K8N is fantastic. I running a 3500+ but just bought an Opteron 165 to slap in later this week.

Do you have the latest nVidia 6.67 driver and latest BIOS for your board?

Best,

Mark

daverich

I would love AMD to start making chipsets again.

I'm actually considering the slower pentium Dualcore system purely because of these chipset issues - no-one can deny the power of the AMD architecture but it's a bit annoying when there isn't really a stable chipset around - or if there is you have to wait for the public beta-testers to figure out which it is.

heh.

Kind regards

Dave Rich

cribproductions

Jeraz said:
I am doing fine with the nForce 4 board. The K8N is fantastic. I running a 3500+ but just bought an Opteron 165 to slap in later this week.

Best,

Mark
What audio interface are you using? I have a Hammerfall Dsp

Jeraz

cribproductions said:
Jeraz said:

Best,

Mark
What audio interface are you using? I have a Hammerfall Dsp
E-MU 1820M...works great with the 3500+, but like a FOOL, I installed and X2 Opteron 165, which I have overclocked to 2.4 x 2, 1:1 Mem, stock cooling! ...the thing SINGS and I can PACK my host apps with plugs BUT...UAD-1 won't work!

I heard a rumor that a fix might be coming Jan 3...so I will hold off selling off either the Opteron or the UAD-1 until then. :?

Jeraz

Well that's just great, huh? Hmm...let's see, I am UAD, and one of the hottest chipset/cpu combinations—and only getting hotter—is not compatible with my product...what do I do??? (What CAN they do?).

I guess folks that want UAD will buy Intels and old NF3 and VIA chipsets? As far as AMD is concerned: just TRY to find an ASUS A8V deluxe anywhere! Or a good NF3 board that you can connect more than 2 SATAs to. 8-[ Ha ha!

Oh man, I really like my UAD-1 too...I would have bought an 8V if I could find it...I don't want to go back to my 3500+, but I don't want to lose my UAD-1 either...and I don't want an Intel inside! :cry:

Maybe I will go for a refurb. board.

UAD Bundle Month