• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

To UA ~ Convolution

Shane

To UA,
Out of sheer curiousity, is there any interest in developing a convolution reverb for the UAD-1?

Ben Logan

I'm a fan of SIR (a freebie - you guys probably know about it). I just demo'd the new Wizoo convolution reverb last night. Pretty neat. Initially I was knocked out. Then I replayed the mix I'd done with the cheapo RS-1 early reflection engine, and actually liked that better. More natural sounding. Good job UA. Love those little underdog plugs.

electro77

Venerated Member
Try Elevayta Convoboy. Elevayta plugs are really special.

Ben Logan

electro77 said:
Try Elevayta Convoboy. Elevayta plugs are really special.
How's it compare to SIR? I checked out their website. My only concern with the plug is that you can't set a pre-delay (?)

Thanks for the tip though. I'll give it a shot electro.

Re: possible UA convolution plugin - Convolution takes up so much processing power, I'd rather run one native than have it eating up my sole UA card's DSP.

cAPSLOCK

Personally I find the Voxengo Convolution plugins to be hard to beat. The Perfect Space plugin that comes with Sonar 5 is my usual go to stereo convolution plugin now a days even though I own it's big brother Pristine Space.

As a side... MAN if that Elevayta Extraboy thing works half as good as the demos portray then it is a freaking REVOLUTIONARY plugin... amazing really.

cAPS

UAD Bundle Month