• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

Too busy to listen , so I bought it anyway...

Eddie Macarthur

Helios plugin. Discount voucher etc. Time limited offer.
Busy working in studio.
Downloaded 4.6. Installed.
2 minutes to check Helios loads ok. Knobs make a difference.
Buy now.
Job done.
Will I be happy or sad in morning?
Damn these UA boys with their special offers!
Had a good week at work, so figured I could treat myself.
Ed
8)

pbissell

Smiles

Hang on while I summon the spirits....shaking magic 8-ball....here comes the answer through the purple ink-like water.....
You will be happy.
:)

macmusic78

as usual i was shure i'd give this one a miss - as usual i didn't...
with all the vouchures i basicly had to - and it is a very nice different eq.

wishingwell

It's great, but unfortunately you may start buying all UA's products without demoing them due to this success story :D ..

PodBoy

If you're happy then I'm happy!

I'm in exactly the same boat (more coupons than time :)
Already Got the N1073 and the PEQ.
Was considering adding N1081 or Cambridge, but now I'm thinking this HELIOS will add the most versatility to the arsenal.

Richard Hunter

I had already used my 50 buck coupon on the Precision Limiter...then the Helios came out. I slapped it on a couple of bass DI tracks, bounced the mixes, listened to them in my car one time, and was sold. The thing rocks on Bass DI. Can take a plunky bass and really beef it up. Makes high treble lines on smaller basses (like a danelectro longhorn) sound much much bigger.

ahh add it to the credit card debt...

Eddie Macarthur

well; i got in today. downloaded authorization. played with it (and the helios).
sound nice. but i had to read the manual. the gui is small and dark and unweildy. the knobs seem to be back to front.
but anyway, after reading the manual it all made sense.
then my client arrived and i never really had time to show off my new toys (i bought wizooverb last week).
but i think it's a good plugin. seemed smooth.
p.s. it uses 17% of a single uad-1 in case anybody is interested.
ed

PodBoy

with the $50 coupon, its $109 and a no-brainer (right up my alley).
Just downloaded the authorization

I just installed the update, so I may try the Helios demo, but it bugs me that it was released a couple of days before the promos end. Rather have the full 14 days to check it out, you know?

Approximately 24 hours left for the promo, I may grab the 33609.

Akis

Sadly, left this world before his time.
Yes, released a few days before the promo, but included in it, even though it's a brand new piece of R&D for them. I'd say that's very generous. Think about it: MSRP=$199, promo price=$159 and some people with up to 4 cards can get it for as low as $59... that's 70% discount for a new product!

billybk1

Shareholder
Akis said:
Yes, released a few days before the promo, but included in it, even though it's a brand new piece of R&D for them. I'd say that's very generous. Think about it: MSRP=$199, promo price=$159 and some people with up to 4 cards can get it for as low as $59... that's 70% discount for a new product!

Yes exactly, tell me one other company that would give as much as a 70% discount on a brand new product the day it is released. With my (4) cards and the 20% plugin sale discount I was one of those who qualified to get the new Helios EQ for $59 bucks. It was a no brainer purchase for me. :)

I like the loyalty discount that UA gives. The more cards that you own the less you have to pay for plugins, even for the latest releases.

Eddie Macarthur

when i say the knobs seem to work backwards, what i mean is the graphics seem to encourage user to grab heavy black plastic bit, not the white poiner bit. the audio behaves as it should. guess i'll get used to it.
tried on a couple of things today. nice.
not as mind blowing as some people seem to be saying. but worth the money.
wish the gui was bigger and brighter.
Ed

ranchdip

I really like the Helios because it DOES have a different vibe than the other UA EQ's. I love the top end especially.

Great job UA!

UAD Bundle Month