• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

trackadvance plug doesn't work correctly with Logic Pro 7.1

boody

Established Member
Manual says it should be fixed but trackadvance will only correctly compensate for 1 plugin. To compensate for two you need to insert 2 trackadvance plugins. Well, at least it works...

cheers
Budy

thewitt

Why would you need it? LP 7 has built in PDC.

boody

Established Member
seriously; did you ever try to play an extern midi module when full pdc is enabled in Logic? I've got 6 modules I use a lot, all differently processed...
Full pdc in Logic doesn't include the extern miditracks...

regards
budy

thewitt

Sorry. No I don't use external synths.

Perhaps you could use Logic's Sample Delay, offsetting the recorded tracks by the number of samples needed?

boody

Established Member
I could use the global midi delay to get the extern midi in sync again, but with the recommended 1024 buffersize the range of the global midi delay isn't big enough to compensate... Anyway, I found 2 ways to work around it

1) use a buffer of 512 or lower and use the mididelay compensation
2) feed the analog mixer back into logic through an aux-input

either way has it's own pro's and con's but at least it's workable

Cheers
Budy

UAD Bundle Month