• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

Two interfaces, one Logic session

marcouad

If I used my Apollo Twin X in Logic as my primary interface, would it be possible to save the project then reboot with a different interface with ultra-low latency just to record through an AU Amp and FX plugin, then reboot again with the Apollo back in place. Would this cause problems?

Alternatively, I could import the whole session into a second computer using that other interface, record the guitar parts I needed, then open that saved project back on the original computer.

The third and most expensive solution is to sell the Twin X and buy an X4 or X6 (I could use this as an excuse to get the mic free) and link the two cards digitally, using the Apollo as a virtual dynamics/effects/mastering processor and the other interface as my primary audio interface

Matt Hepworth

Master of the UADiverse
Forum Admin
If I used my Apollo Twin X in Logic as my primary interface, would it be possible to save the project then reboot with a different interface with ultra-low latency just to record through an AU Amp and FX plugin, then reboot again with the Apollo back in place. Would this cause problems?

Alternatively, I could import the whole session into a second computer using that other interface, record the guitar parts I needed, then open that saved project back on the original computer.

The third and most expensive solution is to sell the Twin X and buy an X4 or X6 (I could use this as an excuse to get the mic free) and link the two cards digitally, using the Apollo as a virtual dynamics/effects/mastering processor and the other interface as my primary audio interface
There's no need. You can get plenty low enough latency for native amp sims with Apollo. You can get as low as about 4ms at 48kHz. Just mute the channel in Console and turn off IDC.

marcouad

There's no need. You can get plenty low enough latency for native amp sims with Apollo. You can get as low as about 4ms at 48kHz. Just mute the channel in Console and turn off IDC.
Really? Man you may have just saved me a £££. Although now I have no excuse to get the free Sphere LX 😭

UAD Bundle Month