• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

UA got the marketing discounts right with the CE-1 and DD

baronluigi

I purchased the CE-1 when it came out, and was glad to see I was also included the the Dim D discount! Right on and Thank You UA :p

Commodor

Re: UA got the marketing discounts right with the CE-1 and D

baronluigi said:
I purchased the CE-1 when it came out, and was glad to see I was also included the the Dim D discount! Right on and Thank You UA :p
UA is usualy pretty good with this stuff it seems. I personally believe that they try to be fair about this stuff.. I wish all the companies I have to deal with were this good.

Yeah... right on UA! 8)

They got it right because they must know that the average UAD-1 user is well informed and takes decissions based on former buying experiences.

The method they have chosen for the online shop and registration of plugins is superb. It simply works without any hassle. Should you lose your reg file, you only have to log in and get a new one. It reminds me of the method used by propellerhead, another big company.

If we learn that this is their way of doing things we will be more adventurous in buying decisions. For example, now I'm deciding between buying the Precision EQ now or waiting for some \"Precision Pak\". If they deduct former buys from packs that already include a certain plugin, I'll go for the plugin right now. Otherwise, I could be left with two Precision EQ's or having to buy each plugin separately: a punishment for being an early adopter.

billybk1

Shareholder
pedro trotz said:
If we learn that this is their way of doing things we will be more adventurous in buying decisions. For example, now I'm deciding between buying the Precision EQ now or waiting for some "Precision Pak". If they deduct former buys from packs that already include a certain plugin, I'll go for the plugin right now. Otherwise, I could be left with two Precision EQ's or having to buy each plugin separately: a punishment for being an early adopter.
Yes, that makes a lot of sense. I would imagine UA will promote a discounted Precision Series Mastering Bundle, once the Multi-Band Compressor is released toward the end of the year, that includes all three plugins. It would be nice if the early adopter's, of the series (I already have the Precision Limiter & EQ plugins) are rewarded with a discount on the final plugin of the set, similar to what UA did with the Chorus Bundle, for user's who bought the CE-1 already. A nice discount coupon, for the Multi-Band Compressor, in my email in-box would be a welcome sight. 8)

Cabbage

As an owner of all UAD plug-ins, of course I hope there will be a discount on the precision compressor. But there is a big difference compared to the chorus bundle. The plug-ins in the precision series are quite different and people would be willing to pay full price for all three. The choruses are, well two choruses. For UA, there is somewhat less incentive to make a precision bundle.

Still, UA are good guys, so who knows?

Petter

billybk1

Shareholder
The Precision Series Mastering Compressor, at $249, will be the most expensive UAD-1 plugin to date. Even though it will be competively priced to similar type plugins, in the marketplace, for many people it is still a big chunk of change, for a fairly specialized plugin. I think UA marketing will come up with a promotional theme to stimulate sales, of the other Precision Series plugins and to make it more affordable, for more UAD-1 users to buy, even if they don't really have an immediate need for it.
I am thinking along the lines of:

The Total Precision Mastering Series Bundle @ $547.00

Precision Mastering EQ $199.00
Precision Mastering Limiter $199.00
Precision Mastering Compressor $249.00
Savings of $100.00 when buying the TPMS Bundle

Exisiting registered users of the Precision Mastering Limiter & EQ will get a $50 coupon, for each plugin previously purchased. So if you already have the PL & PEQ, you can get the PC, for $149 and essentially get the same bundle price, $547, and discount benefit, as a first time buyer.

It's a win/win for everybody. UA will get increased sales and goodwill through the promotion, new first time buyers will get a price break by buying the entire bundle, at one time, and existing PL & PEQ registered users will feel they were not penalized, for buying the plugins individually too early. :)

Oh well, just a little marketing idea. I am sure UA has probably already thought of it :wink:

than

I'm guessing that a precision mastering bundle might come packaged with a new \"UAD 2\" card at a price point between $800.00 and $1,000.00. I could see it also including 140, pultec, and DD plugs as well. Just a thought.

NuSkoolTone

Established Member
billybk1 said:
The Total Precision Mastering Series Bundle @ $547.00

Precision Mastering EQ $199.00
Precision Mastering Limiter $199.00
Precision Mastering Compressor $249.00
Savings of $100.00 when buying the TPMS Bundle
Do that price with ONLY those plug-ins with a UAD-1 Card as the "Mastering Pak" and you've got yourself a (irresistable) deal! :wink:

Come on UA, give me an EXCUSE to buy another card! :lol:

UAD Bundle Month