• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

UA piracy – or scam?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Bourke

UA piracy – or scam?

Just came across this post at KVR:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2585619

I quote:

\"If anyboddy need UAD plug-in licens keys, and his hardware ID isn't registered in uaudio.com I can help to buy all plug-in licenses for 20% of price or any plug-in by paying 50%\"

A moderator has stepped in to remove the contact info pending confirmation from the poster that this deal is legitimate (as if). But what concerns me is whether some scumbag has found a way to deal in UAD-1 plug-ins. Or is it just a scam to part credulous morons from their cash?

Right now, I'm working from behind a misconfigured proxy so I can't email UA to alert them. All I can do is post this here.

Kind regards.

Macc

Established Member
It must be a scam... Although it could be related to the recently-resurgent rumours that there's a workaround for the 14-day demo period.

Good work by the mod though - in there nice and quick :)

Akis

Sadly, left this world before his time.
This guy had posted the same here, too: he's bought one card and all plug-ins and offered to register other people's cards (3) to his account for that 'discounted price', so they could use his authorization file. IOW, illegitimate as it gets.

macmusic78

and not future proof for the buyers...

Status
Not open for further replies.
UAD Bundle Month