• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

UA Universial Binaries

peter893

So what's the word on this.

We again have a card that still can't run on new Macs.
When will we see UB of UAD-1 plugins

They are shipping the PCI-e card, just in tome for the new mac, without software support. Poor timing I guess.

G

UA skipping PCIe for PCIf or g?

dix said:
I saw on another board that they'll be ready 4th quarter. So I'm thinking early spring, just in time for Leopard. ....which of course will take UA by surprise and make the UA plugins incompatible yet again.

The other board: http://www.unicornation.com/phpBB2/view ... rter#89732)
I met some people in a pub who said UA were going to skip PCIe altogether, and wait for PCIf or even PCIg. However, after extensive searching on the interweb thingy I discovered UA have a website where they post information for users, and I found this:

"UA currently expects to release Mac/Intel compatible drivers as part of the v4.4 release in Q3 2006."

Amazing :)

Cheers
Chris

peter893

Chris Adams said:
UA have a website where they post information for users, and I found this:

"UA currently expects to release Mac/Intel compatible drivers as part of the v4.4 release in Q3 2006."

Amazing :)

Cheers
Chris
thanks for the quick sarcastic post. clears things up. thats what I was looking for.
not sure what that dix was talking about????

dix

oh. I didn't see that Q3 statement the other day. I'm not sure if the info in that link I posted is newer older info than what's on UA's site. ...anyway, I hope they're ready in a timely manner - in this quarter.

JamesR

good news from the september webzine.

Universal Mac Drivers for UAD
UAD Software version 4.4, featuring the Neve 33609 bus compressor, is due for release during September. Shortly following this release, we expect a public beta, which will feature Universal Mac support. Watch the UAD downloads page for more information. Applications designed for the Macintosh operating system (Mac OS X) that run native on both Power PC- and Intel-based Macintosh computers are called Universal applications.

http://www.uaudio.com/webzine/2006/sept ... ndex1.html

J.

UAD Bundle Month