• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

Uad-1 Plugs Freezing on a SP G5 1.8mhz

teevo40

I recently purchased the uad-1 for my mac G5 1.8ghz single processor system running cubase sl 2. I'm having a problem with the uad plug ins \"freezing\". After about 10 mins of working in a song project I'm unable to open the plug in to make changes to it's settings and I'm unable to change to a different plug in. The song still runs fine but the plug in just seems to freeze. If I quit cubase and then restart the computer the plug in then seem to work again. Initially I thought it might have something to do with me running the plugs in demo mode, but I just purchased the plug ins I want and they still freeze. Also it happens with the plugs that come standard with the uad-1. Any idea why this is happening?

teevo40

Problem Fixed (kinda)

The \"Constrain Delay Compensation\" button in Cubase SL 2 is the culprit here. When I turn it on it turns off the Master Bus compressor.

imdrecordings

Venerated Member
I don't use a MAC, but are you using any Native plugs? I have never had UA plugs do this. If I use certain Native CPU plugs (that was made poorly) in the project, it freezes all of the plugs, untill I remove it. I stopped using those pesky plugs some time ago. I don't remember which ones they were, but they seemed to act even worse at higher sample rates.

off the top of my head: some of them were Antares & BlueTubes.

Sorry I can't help anymore than that.

UAD Bundle Month