• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

UAD-1 v.4.5 crashing DP 4.61/MacOS10.3.9/Dual 867 MDD G4.

demonsp

Howdy all!

Just thought I'd post here in case people are experiencing this same issue.
I've e-mailed UA tech support.

At one point ADC wasn't working, tried trashing these 3 files then restart:
-Extensions.kextcache
-Extensions.mkext
-com.uaudio.uad.plist

ADC kicked in but plugs still crashing DP4.61.
Crashes happen when closing effect window and going from one plug to another.

Cheers all!

boody

Established Member
Hi, same here with the GUI - crash. Logicpro7. Only happened with the cambridge so far, and only when logic was playing when I closed the cambridge GUI.

G5 dp2.0, rme ff800, 2xUad-1

cheers
budy

Dave Bourke

demonsp,

I haven't had the time to actually play with 4.5.0 because I've become embroiled in a literary project. But I installed it, tried instantiating plugs, then quickly moving from one plug to the next, and DP4.61 crashed four times. I'm also on OS X 10.3.9.

I'll try to find time tonight to test the ADC.

Kind regards.

beal9000

I've also had a few \"UAD GUI Library\" related crashes since 4.5 install. The most recent while making adjustments to a PMB. Other loaded plugs included Cambridge, 1081 SE, LA2A, 1073 SE, Pultec, 1176LN, RE-201, Plate 140, Fairchild, PEQ and PLim.

Dave Bourke

OK, I had a short while to play around with 4.5.0 tonight and I can't find anything amiss with ADC on my rig. Changing from one plug-in to another still sometimes crashes DP4.61 though.

Kind regards.

demonsp

Thanks for the post everyone. =)

Well, it seems we're all experiencing it in one way or another.

I've been sending my crah.logs to UA support.

It's extreme in my system I'm afraid, crash after crash.
UA have replied and seems the wheels are turning.

GUI related, huh?

I'll mention it in my next e-mail.

Cheers all!

macmusic78

i have frequent crashes since 4.5 when i,m closing UAD plugins - logic pro freezes

beubbo

as DP and LogicPro 7 are affected by this bug, it seems that it could be specifical to Panther...

are Tiger users having the same kind of problem ?

Thanks

Dave Bourke

I've already lost work because of this. Now I have to remember to hit Command-S before changing any of the UAD-1 plug-ins. Never had to worry about that before...

Kind regards.

macmusic78

has anybody got a reply from UAD? Are they working on it?

boody

Established Member
I had a reply from Uad, asking for more specific info and the crash report. Nothing since, but I assume they're working on it. They have to find the system specific cause of this bug and try to invoke it on their system, which might not be that easy. After all, not everybody seems to have this bug....

cheers
Budy

macmusic78

ah its just that i reported it too - but they didn't ask anything or comented on it... they only replied to another question i had in the same mail...

gwenaeldamman

UAD-1e on MAC PRO/LOGIC

Hi,
I have UAD-1 and Liquid Mix.
I have to say both are great... so far they are working !!
Mostly the UAD-1e \"Cancel\" all opened plugins as soon as the memory runs up to 65% :-(
Logic often quit, or is unable to load the projects.. Freezed...
Stress !!
I actually have one of the brand new MAC Pro 3ghz with 4gb RAM.
I hoe UA will correct this problem soon..

Best regards
Gwenael Damman

UAD Bundle Month