• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

UAD card in PCI-X?

riwe

I want to upgrade my hardware, but the new motherboard ASUS DSBV-D has only 2 PCI-X (not PCIe) and 1 PCI slot.So I have to put in my 2 UAD cards into the PCI-X slots. Will I have problems with them in theses slots? I have read that some people had problems with the UAD cards in PCI-X slots (pops and crackle), but I don't know if this is fixed. My operating system will be Win XP Pro SP2.

.mr chris

Greetings

as you already said, seems to be a combination of things...

I had 2x UADs here in a Tyan S2885 in the PCI-X slots working very well, now all 4 cards in a Magma.
I would install one card and try out. Probably play around with some jumper settings, etc.
Check the MIN_GNT setting and even probably tryout the \"AMD-8131\" mode even if you dont have that chipset.

Happy testing! 8)
.c

UAD Bundle Month