• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

UAD card not recognized on dual g5 processor

tb808

Hello.

I have been runnig a UAD-1 card on my g4 733mhz for about a year now without a hitch. I recently bought a dual g5 2 ghz, and this is where my problems began...

The card is simply not recognized by the g5, it doesn't even show up in the hardware profile. I thought the card got zapped when I installed it in the g5, but now it's back in my g4 and works like a charm.

In order to make sure that the PCI slots on my g5 were ok, I put in a old graphix card which was recognized instantly and works fine. ? I am at a bit of a loss here. Anyone who had similar issues?

I've tried installing the latest drivers, but it seems that until I can get my uad card to be seen by my computer it is not going to do me a lot of good...

My g5 does not come with PCI-X ports but still uses the 'regular' PCI.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

thx!

JL

F5D

It seems that you're running Tiger? UAD1 doesn't support Tiger yet. We're all waiting for a new driver which should be out this month. The new powermacs come with Tiger so you just have to wait. I also have 2 UAD1 cards just warming up my G5 case right now. Let's hope UA will get the driver ready soon.

tb808

And so I am running tiger...
Let's definitely hope UA gets a new driver soon.
Thanks for the help!

JL

UAD Bundle Month