• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

UAD Cards in an expansion chassis

Spiritworks

Shareholder
OK, I tried the search function several times, but it keeps timing out on me, so I thought I'd ask here: Is anyone using multiple UAD cards in a Magma-type expansion chassis? Any known issues? Is this possible to do successfully?

Spiritworks

Shareholder
OK, Thanks. I do have four cards installed in my PC, which are all working great, but I may need to use the slots for something else, so I'm trying to learn all of my options. It's good to know I can do this.

1stgecco

Hi Spiritworks ( if so ;)),

What PC do you run , CPU , MB etc. ?
Sounds unbelievably good - 4UAD´s and no probs.

g.
gecco

Spiritworks

Shareholder
Music XPC S2 Tower. You can check the specs on their website, as I really don't know. Great company, product and customer support. This unit was basically plug & play with my Cubase SX2, Motu 2408 mk2 & UAD cards. Everything installed with no problems and has run without a crash. I guess people feel these are a bit expensive compared to rolling your own, but the lack of problems so far has been priceless. There are only five PCI slots, but many USB2 and Firewire ports. However, I am thinking of changing my Motu setup to a Lynx, and If I do, I will need a sixth PCI slot.

UAD Bundle Month