• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

UAD Software and Hardware owners?

How many UAD-1 owners have the Hardware version as well?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
How many of you UAD owners also have UA hardware? (ex:6176,2-610, LA2A, 1176, etc) Which is your favorite and what is the application? I hope to be in the yes in the near future.

thanks,
-j

baronluigi

The UA M610 was the first \"real\" mic pre I owned. Since then have the LA-610 as well. I like a Shure SM57 or Neumann M147 into the LA-610 in front of a cranked up Marshall 1959.\

Looking at the solo series which look pretty cool for about $800. I also bought an API rack that still has a lot of empty spaces. So I might get another API component too.

The UA hardware is top quality HW stuff, great stuff at a decent price. I highly recommend their mic pre's.

This might be somewhat accurate ratio 1 out of 10 UAD owners have the hardware. Will bump once. Please vote and add comments if you have any. thanks, -j

Giles117 DP

Well I HAD an 1176 and HAD an LA2A.

Now I looking at an LA-610

Eric Dahlberg

Purveyor of musical dreams fullfilled.
The M-610 was my main pre up until a couple months ago. Massive sound with huge low end that makes a nice counterpoint to midrange-forward Neve-type pre's. I sold it with the intent of getting an LA-610 but have ended up using a Demeter with an ADL 1500 (together basically a stereo LA-610) for the time being.

The UAD-1 LA2A rocks but there's nothing like hitting vocals hard with the real hardware.

UAD Bundle Month