• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

UAD Standalone Nigel Effects...Not overlooking these anymore

Sparky2

I'm telling ya folks...those \"break-out\" versions of the Nigel effects, i.e, GateComp, Phasor, etc..are the best kept secret...the GateComp sounds just as good as anything. Slapped it on my ambient drum tracks and smashed them, and they sound pretty freakin warm and \"non-digital\"...Mixed a sublte Phasor patch in with a vocal to \"thicken\" it up and it was pretty analog-ish sounding, if you ask me..

I am gonna experiment with all of those \"Grab-Bag-Of-Goodies\"...plus they don't use that much juice either...very cool 8)

marQs

Shareholder
I also use those non-spectacular-look plugs for a few things... they often do a good job when creating unusual fx on signals they're not obviously intented for! Thanks for your hint to GateComp on drum ambience, sounds interesting. It's the only plug that's hardly ever (mis)used here (and this moment I ask myself why :wink: )

Q

djsynchro

Hall of Fame Member
Yup Phasor kicks native phaser's asses, that's my favourite phaser now.
I tried Gatecomp yesterday, another flavour on the palette, it sure sounds warm & phat.

Mmm should try some amp & speaker sim on an analogue synth bassline? That might rock.... :D

UAD Bundle Month