• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

UAD taxing Native CPU

AndrewG

Hi all,

I've had some issues with my UAD cards, cpu and disk spikes. I've tried a ton of things but I'm still having issues.

I loaded up a blank project with one wave file and did some tests.

I was able to get the UAD meter up to 92%. But this cause a 30% load on my native cpu. The meter would fluctuate from 0 to about 30. This seems a bit high? Also when I disabled the UAD plugins, but did not completely remove(just clicked on them so they weren't highlighted) my native cpu usage was still around 20%. It didn't go back to normal until I completely removed every UAD plugin. With each plugin removed it went down.

Has anyone experienced this problem?

Also, do any samplitude users have buffer suggestions that work well with the UAD cards? ASIO or MME preference?

The other question I have is about my matrox 750 graphics card. I keep reading about disabling buss mastering, but I can't find that option.

Thanks in advance,

Andrew

Doublehelix

For the Matrox issue, go to the Matrox control panel, and on one of the tabs (can't remember right now, I am not in the studio) there is an \"ADVANCED\" button. The option is there.

Sorry I can't be more specific, but that should get you started at least.

AndrewG

Ok - I'll give that a try - I think I've done that and it hasn't improved much.

AndrewG

I figured out how to disable bus mastering in the Matrox 750. You have to go into help/troubleshooting and the option is there--

UAD Bundle Month