• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

UAD with two XP-installations possible?

Martl45

I want to return to a single-PC based system (used before one for Internet and so and the other just for music, with all network capabilities disabled and two UAD's installed)
I'd like to install one XP on the first harddisc. This system should be for normal business and internet. On a second hd i want to install a complete safe xp without any network drivers and so on, just for music.

I wonder, if this is possible with my two uads installed. I tried, but i really failed with the hardware recognition and authorization (in fact, i'm completely confused - it seems, that it is not possible to have them both installed with 2 operating systems).

So here is my question: is it possible to have two UAD's running in the mentioned system?

Thanks in advance
Martl

billybk1

Shareholder
Martl45 said:
So here is my question: is it possible to have two UAD's running in the mentioned system?
I have (4) UAD-1 cards installed and use a dual boot for my DAW. On one partition I have WinXP Pro (SP2) and on the other XP64. I have no problems using either one with my UAD-1 cards, but both OS's are installed on the same internal 160GB HD (divided into 2 separate 80GB partitions). I have not tried installing OS's to separate physical HD's, I am not sure what implications, if any, you might have, in that situation.

marQs

Shareholder
My system is dual boot (both XP home), I can use UADs on both systems without any kind of problem.

...I tried, but i really failed with the hardware recognition and authorization...
The hardware's recognized after installing the UAD drivers, ain't it? Before that, windows has no idea what kind of cards the UADs are :D

Both OS installations are on different partitions of the same HD here. But I think, it shouldn't make a difference in behaviour using two HDs for two systems.

Arys Chien

Been doing it for years. Two UAD-1 cards on a dual boot system. No problem here. 8)

project

why do you need two installations? never had any problems here with countless upgrades and several windows versions.

Martl45

It's just because while making and mixing music i don't need any hassle with trojans, virusses. My DAW should be a little, safe peninsula, maybe I'm oldfashioned...
Thanks all for the advices, will have another try

Martin

UAD Bundle Month