• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

UAD won't start, AMD 64x2-Dual Core-4200,Gigabyte GA-K8U-939

Greg B

I have a AMD 64x2-Dual Core-4200, with a Gigabyte GA-K8U-939 motherboard, both are 1 week old.
When I put the UAD Card into any of the PCI Slots, the Computer will not Boot up. The CPU Fan will spin, but the Hard Drives will not spin, and it does not Boot up, it even will not go into the Bios.
I have tried disabling in the Bios, the internal serial ports, printer, ethernet and even the USB Somtimes it will start and sometimes it will not. I will always start if I take out the UAD Card. I also have a 1394 Firewire connected for my Motu 896 and 828. My power supply is a 600 Watt Seasonic, Matrox Dual head Millenium 450. I do not have Win. Service pack 2 installed, because of the conflict with the 1394 firewire, would service pack 2 help at all
This a brand new set up, is there a Patch for AMD and the UAD card.
Please Help, Thanks, Greg

UAD Bundle Month