Uninstall UA Software

fastriver

Hello. Thank you in advance for your help.

When I click "Uninstall UA Software" nothing happens. The button seems pushed. But nothing happens, and that window stays open.

What is supposed to happen?

My only options seem to be to press "cancel" which doesn't seem to be what I want, or to force quit... which also seems counter to what I want to do.

(the reason I'm doing this is I'm getting the "Click Allow in Privacy & Security" prompt, but after 30 minutes, since I didn't know I had to do that)

fastriver

Oh well. Lost a day. I guess I have to wait for support.

Matt Hepworth

Master of the UADiverse
Forum Admin

fastriver

So... thank you both. I was just coming here to report that the advice from support was that "in some cases, this can be a macOS permissions issue and creating a new macOS Admin account can resolve it."

That actually worked. I got UA Software installed through the new Admin account. I was able to fire up the Apollo, and see Sound City for the first time. Holy Tomato that plugin looks and sounds great.

Yet and still, the "click to allow" in Privacy & Security still never showed.... so I am going to guess, that at some point randomly, I'm going to be back at the beginning.

So... thank you both. I was just coming here to report that the advice from support was that "in some cases, this can be a macOS permissions issue and creating a new macOS Admin account can resolve it."

That actually worked. I got UA Software installed through the new Admin account. I was able to fire up the Apollo, and see Sound City for the first time. Holy Tomato that plugin looks and sounds great.

Yet and still, the "click to allow" in Privacy & Security still never showed.... so I am going to guess, that at some point randomly, I'm going to be back at the beginning.
look around this link.

fastriver

look around this link.
Yes, I've been there. Thank you.

The problem, is that this advice is an endless loop for me: "The Allow button is present for 30 minutes after installation. If the Allow button is not present after restarting your Mac, reinstall the UAD software"

allow button not there -> reinstall UAD software -> restart Mac -> allow button not there -> reinstall UAD software -> restart Mac -> allow button not there -> reinstall UAD software -> restart Mac -> allow button not there ->.....

fastriver

That said.... I'm up and working, so I will continue....

Yes, I've been there. Thank you.

The problem, is that this advice is an endless loop for me: "The Allow button is present for 30 minutes after installation. If the Allow button is not present after restarting your Mac, reinstall the UAD software"

allow button not there -> reinstall UAD software -> restart Mac -> allow button not there -> reinstall UAD software -> restart Mac -> allow button not there -> reinstall UAD software -> restart Mac -> allow button not there ->.....
i have the file saved in my hardrive, if you like i can email it to you, just let me know

fastriver

Hey. I don't know what file you mean?

fastriver

Oh - it's OK - thank you. I think I'm all set.
It was the general "allow" that didn't happen... but somehow, it's working... so there must be some reason.

UAD Bundle Month