V 11.2 - Driver Clash?

Dan_RS

I'm using Windows 10 and have a UAD Quad-2 card. After installing the update I started to get a "different drivers installed" warning on the UAD Meter & Control Panel. The Quad-2 wasn't recognized any more and any session I loaded using a Quad-2 plug-in was labelled as "disabled". I've tried uninstalling it, installing an older version. Same problem. Losing a day of work hasn't been worth resizable GUIs.

Dan_RS

I'm a second day into this, and I've tried reinstalling several times and have had no luck. It seems that the error I'm getting when I load Pro Tools is geared towards a Mac issue requiring permissions, but as I'm a PC/Windows user, I'm not sure what's happening there. I haven't received a reply from customer support yet and this has set my work back a lot. Has anyone else had this issue?

Joe Porto

Hall of Fame Member
Did you delete permissions when you uninstalled?

https://help.uaudio.com/hc/en-us/articles/360051069631-UAD-Uninstall-Reinstall-Procedure-Windows

UAD Preference Files

UAD preference files are used to save global system values such as those set in the UAD Meter & Control Panel, Console Settings window, UAD window positions, and similar settings.

Folder location: C:/Users/[username]/App Data/Roaming/Universal Audio

Note that the 'App Data' folder is hidden by default in Windows. To navigate directly to to 'C:/Users/[username]/App Data/Roaming', follow these steps:

• Click the Start button
  • Type '%appdata%' (without quotes)
  • Hit [Enter]

Dan_RS

Did you delete permissions when you uninstalled?

https://help.uaudio.com/hc/en-us/articles/360051069631-UAD-Uninstall-Reinstall-Procedure-Windows

UAD Preference Files

UAD preference files are used to save global system values such as those set in the UAD Meter & Control Panel, Console Settings window, UAD window positions, and similar settings.

Folder location: C:/Users/[username]/App Data/Roaming/Universal Audio

Note that the 'App Data' folder is hidden by default in Windows. To navigate directly to to 'C:/Users/[username]/App Data/Roaming', follow these steps:

• Click the Start button
  • Type '%appdata%' (without quotes)
  • Hit [Enter]
Just tried this, reinstalled afterwards (after restarting at every stage) and am still getting the same "Driver Version Mismatch" error and request for permissions when I load my DAW. I repeated the process twice to be sure, with proper shut downs/restarts at all key points.

Last edited:

Dan_RS

I tried uninstalling for a third time, deleting all devices from Device Manager, and also deleting folders the uninstallation software left on my computer (two others other than the Appdata folder, both in the Program Files and Program Files x86 folders). I tried installing version 10.2.5 of UASetup, (which shows up in Device Manager as version 10.24.59.641) which appeared to succeed. However once I came to load up a plug-in that used the Quad-2 Card (UAD Powered Plugins), I got the following error and disabled plugins:

---------------------------
UAD Powered Plug-Ins Info
To enable UAD operation, click "Allow" in
macOS System Preferences > Security & Privacy

Would you like to visit the Universal Audio
website for more information?

Yes No

I'm at a loss to explain this as I am a PC/Windows 10 user.

I didn't install UA Connect prior to this as it automatically updates upon installation.

uad quad2.png

Can anyone from Universal Audio give me any advice how to fix this? At this point I've been unable to work for two days and have had to reschedule clients and have of course lost money due to this.

LesBrown

Hall of Fame Member

Dan_RS

I suggest that you open a support ticket:

This is not an official UAD support forum, and support staff will not see your questions unless you submit a ticket.
I did it before posting here and still have received no word back. I'm desperately trying to get this fixed as soon as possible as it's entirely stopped me in my tracks with work.

Have you tried downloading UAD 11.2 directly rather than through UAConnect?

https://www.uaudio.com/downloads/uad

Maybe completely uninstall UAD drivers and UAConnect then try the direct install UAD. Once you get that sorted, if you need UAConnect for UADx plugins, do so afterwards.
That's the one thing I hadn't tried, and it worked. Only thing now is that I'm a little nervous to install UAConnect in case it messes anything up!

Joe Porto

Hall of Fame Member
I did it before posting here and still have received no word back. I'm desperately trying to get this fixed as soon as possible as it's entirely stopped me in my tracks with work.

That's the one thing I hadn't tried, and it worked. Only thing now is that I'm a little nervous to install UAConnect in case it messes anything up!
UAconnect *technically* should not affect UAD drivers other than allowing you to download and install them, but I understand your hesitancy. If you don’t use UADx native plugins, there is no reason to install, but they are useful if you have any UAD plugins with native counterparts. At least you know a complete uninstall of UAD and UAconnect, then installing UAD drivers directly should solve an issue should it arise.

Dan_RS

Thanks, I really appreciate the help! Right now, I suppose I'll leave it as it is to get my current workload out of the way, and then try to work out the issue afterwards. The native plugins still work without UA Connect installed, which surprised me. I have been using them more often recently, using the Quad-2 to handle everything I don't have natively; in an unrelated issue, I was having some CPU issues, which I managed to isolate to the Quad-2 plug-ins actually putting more demand on my CPU than the native ones which is strange. Still, I suppose that's a discussion for a different thread.

UAD Bundle Month