Volt 476p not recognized in USB ports / no host light

Jonny Smokes

So I've had this interface for a month now. Used it once in December to record a quick demo in ProTools on my Macbook with zero problems. Finally had some free days and tried to use it the second time, but it refuses to connect to my laptop now. (Been sitting on my desk untouched in my studio, so no damage possible.)

To troubleshoot I powered everything off and on, reset and rebooted my computer, tested all cables and tried multiple USB cables, (all were good and work with other devices in the same USB inputs,) and I even tried my Focusrite and Behringer Xair interfaces, both of which instantly connect in the same USB ports with no problems. There is nothing wrong with any of my cables, computer, or anything else, just the Volt.

Another strange thing is that I can plug into the Volt and monitor the instrument or mic with the Volt's headphones and LR Monitor outputs just fine. All buttons and functions seem to be operating and it sounds clean, with all the compressor settings functioning on all 4 chanels. Just no USB connection, and no host features. Frustrating because I can't connect it to the UA Connect app to see if it needs an update...

Anybody have any suggestions? UA is still taking forever to respond to my service claim. I'm thinking I have a faulty unit and might need to send it back, but I really want to do some recording this week. Help if you can!

Thanks!

UniversalAudio

Official UA Representative
Anybody have any suggestions? UA is still taking forever to respond to my service claim. I'm thinking I have a faulty unit and might need to send it back, but I really want to do some recording this week. Help if you can!

Thanks!
What is your ticket #? Happy to look into it for you.

Jonny Smokes

It was a typo, sorry. The unit is the 476p. All the channels work and light up, the compressors work fine, and I can hear the signal in both headphones and the monitor outs. It just refuses to show up as a USB device, but all the cables are fine with other gear.

UniversalAudio

It was a typo, sorry. The unit is the 476p. All the channels work and light up, the compressors work fine, and I can hear the signal in both headphones and the monitor outs. It just refuses to show up as a USB device, but all the cables are fine with other gear.
Hmm, Volts are class compliant devices and should be auto recognized by MacOS.

Do you happen to have a different machine to try?

Jonny Smokes

I also tried getting it to connect to my ipad or iphone but it just doesn't show up anywhere. And all my other devices respond instantly, so its not a computer issue.

Jonny Smokes

Yes, I have these adaptors and they work with my other devices as well, but not the Volt. Everything else is working fine with eachother, its just the Volt with connection issues. Is there a way to reset it?

UniversalAudio

Yes, I have these adaptors and they work with my other devices as well, but not the Volt. Everything else is working fine with eachother, its just the Volt with connection issues. Is there a way to reset it?
I directed it to the right agent, look for a reply soon and thanks for your patience.

UAD Bundle Month