• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

Vss3 v's Vss4

ambrose

on the tc6k?

I find myself chosing vss3 algos over vss4 all the time. The vss3 sounds sit so much better in the mix, and the over-all quality has a really nice sheen to it which is to my ears absent on the vss4 algo (though you can hear that the 'reverb' is 'better'. Sounds strange. Try them side by side). the vss4 has better density and depth. This might be what you are looking for, though.

glennon

On a 6000 the vss4 is dramatically better than the 3. vss4 is a true stereo reverb with a consistent sound field across the stereo pan. You can effectively place instruments across the virtual stage.
For “effects” type reverbs, both algorithms are good, but for a realistic soundstage with great depth there is no comparison.

UAD Bundle Month