• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

Webzine new metering in Plim and Space Echo

baronluigi

The webzine looks cool, hope it won't be too much longer now......no mention of any new hardware that I could find (although I didn't look too hard and I hope somebody points out that I'm wrong about this)

ZerodB

Hmmm, from that video maybe someone can explain how they think the Space Echo sounds any better than some of the tape delay plugs already out there - arcDev Dubbox for example. To my ears, I'm not hearing a lot of difference. :?

A Gruesome Discovery

Great news! I've been using the K-14 standard lately, and although adding it to Prec Lim now makes my purchase of InspectorXL almost redundant, it's still a welcome feature.

GerhardS

Great news! I've been using the K-14 standard lately, and although adding it to Prec Lim now makes my purchase of InspectorXL almost redundant, it's still a welcome feature.
Did I miss something ??? I'm on the current software rev. but I cannot find any K14 (and also no K20/K12) presets.

br
Gerhard

xist

On this demo the SpaceEcho sounds a bit digitally harsh...
well, it would be good to have uncompressed audio files too (also with different kind of applications, for example, on voice, etc.)

Giles117 DP

ZerodB said:
Yep, after all the build-up and wait, it does sound like a.n.other tape delay to me :(
Personally I miss the Tel-Ray that Bombfactory modeled.....

As I run DP and not PT so No BF for MAS or AU

olafmol

xist said:
On this demo the SpaceEcho sounds a bit digitally harsh...
well, it would be good to have uncompressed audio files too (also with different kind of applications, for example, on voice, etc.)
some guy with a real RE-201 and a real dub-freak was really enthousiastic about what he heard on the video.... how does your RE-201 sound??

Olaf

contramark

I have a feeling that the flexibility alone of the new space echo will surpass any other echo plugin out there now. I have a couple echo pluggins i enjoy now made by the interruptor, however they are not very flexible and cannot provide more than one type of tone/echo. Im not saying that this plugin will surpass or come close to the real thing but I think the variety of tones that comes out of this thing will be nutz.

The fact that the demo tune is extremely crappy probably doesn't help for assessment of the Space Echo.
In more capable hands the plug may be more impressive...?

Dan Duskin

Established Member
cane creek said:
The video sounds good to me , however ive never had the pleasure of using the real thing.
I'm guessing you like reggae and/or weird effects... no?

I was looking forward to hearing great tape-like saturation and tasty "Les Paul" (the guitar player, not the guitar) style tape-delay... warm, smooth, rich, and silky. This demo sounds harsh, gritty, and seems to show off extreme settings with quick automation which makes it very difficult to hear the subtleties (if they exist). I hope they can show us a 2nd demo giving us examples of softer and tastier stuff... otherwise I can't judge the quality, all I can tell is that it is capable of extremes (that's cool and all, but it's rare I need to do weird stuff like that in a mix).

UAD Bundle Month