• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

Wet/Dry parallel compression knobs on all UAD comps?

Wet Dry knob on all compressors

• Leave them as they are

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Spacey

I think this would be a great free update, it would save a lot of hassle as well.

I would like this then I would like a dedicated chainer module so that latency is reduced.

Awesom-o

I'd go one further and request wet/dry controls on ALL plugins.

Eric Dahlberg

Purveyor of musical dreams fullfilled.
Both ideas are great but we need to be petitioning Steinberg, Cockos, & Magix, not UA. This should be built right into Nuendo 4's mixer.

Spacey

True, but with Ua we have a chance they will listen :)

It can't be that hard to program in a mix knob like the one on the plate reverb.

afone1977

i think UA never modify an existing pluggin, and never add feature to a vintage gear emulation,

F5D

Especially the chorus plugins desperately NEED the wet/dry mix knob! I don't want to use them as send fx. I want to use them as insert fx. In fact I already do that but usually the sound is not good because it's 100% wet. If I load UAD1 plugins on tracks, logic's delay compensation does a nice job but if I load uad1 plugins to busses, the compensation works but everything becomes so slow due to uad1 latency when playing virtual instruments for example. I would like to load chorus plugins already at early stages of production.

UA PLEASE! :)

lordward

F5D said:
Especially the chorus plugins desperately NEED the wet/dry mix knob! I don't want to use them as send fx. I want to use them as insert fx. In fact I already do that but usually the sound is not good because it's 100% wet. If I load UAD1 plugins on tracks, logic's delay compensation does a nice job but if I load uad1 plugins to busses, the compensation works but everything becomes so slow due to uad1 latency when playing virtual instruments for example. I would like to load chorus plugins already at early stages of production.

UA PLEASE! :)
uhhmm.. doesnt the chorus (the UAD mod) have a wet dry knob?

Anyway, although it might be nice I REALLY hope that UAD aren't plodding away thier time with something like this... they should concentrate on bringing out a new card that can run all these plugins they already have.....

I know it will be quite awhile still...... if or when it happens.

Awesom-o

afone1977 said:
i think UA never modify an existing pluggin, and never add feature to a vintage gear emulation,
Yes they do. A year or so ago they modified all of the "old" style plugins to have tempo sync on the LFOs....

TheEastGateMS

diggo said:
the issue is this: phase.
It would be nice if the VST format required plugin developers to provide a phase coherent run-through that can be activated and controlled by the audio app.

Basically what Eric said, but with consideration to phase. If phase is not affected adversely by a plug, than the run-through would be a simple routing of the unprocessed signal.

Hope that makes sense...

brian

I'm with Eric on this one. It would be much more convenient to have the wet/dry parameter on all inserts slots in software mixers. For a while I mixed on a Studer D950 digital desk, and it had this option. In fact that is the only place I've ever seen it.

More often than not when I am doing parallel compression I EQ the slammed signal pretty heavily so just having the wet/dry knob wouldn't help me out so much. It sure couldn't hurt though!

afone1977

Awesom-o said:
afone1977 said:
Yes they do. A year or so ago they modified all of the "old" style plugins to have tempo sync on the LFOs....
true :oops: (i never use nigel's plugin)

but they modified only their own creation not the emulation

i don't think they add a pot to fairchild or 1176 for instance

and sincerly i prefer they work :

1 on a new dsp

2 on new plugins (Helios bundle, Neve channel stripe and "Precision Enhancer)

Yes!!!

This is one of my often asked feature-requests and should be part of every professional plug-in. Well it's not really a problem, if you work with FL Studio, but with most of the other software out there, this would be a very helpful thing.

UAD Bundle Month