• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

What exactly is the 8-core problems?

I have an 8-core Mac (3GHz), and I have not yet run into any problems--at least none that I can recognize. Admittedly, I don't run many instances of UAD plug-ins to make the meter go above 70%. Anyway, the reason I ask is that I want to add a second UAD-1e card. Should I be afraid? What should I be afraid of. Thanks.

-droo

NEWRIGEL

Can't hurt if you want to spend the $$$!

NEWRIGEL said:
Can't hurt if you want to spend the $$$!
Well, according to the company's FAQ: "Is Apple's new 8-core Mac Pro compatible with the UAD-1e? There appear to be specific issues with the new 8-core machines that we are working with Apple to resolve. Therefore, currently we DO NOT recommend buying an 8-core machine to use with UAD products. We will provide more information as soon as we have completed further testing"

I have one card that seems to be working fine in my 8-core, but I'm afraid I just haven't run into the issues yet. Given the FAQ answer doesn't describe what the those specific issues are, I don't know if buying another UAD-1e card would be a bad thing.

So yeah, I'd like to spend the $$$, but not if I won't be able to use the thing I'm spending the $$$ on. ;)

Got an answer from UA

I got a very quick response from UA, so issue resolved...not the UAD-1e issue, but my question was answered. ;)

UAD Bundle Month