What has been your experience with UA managing duplicate UAD plugins?

jm345

I bought a UA SD-1 mic which came with the UAD Pro Studio Plugin promotion, which is the UAD Essentials bundle of UAD-2 and UAD-Native. I already owned all the plugins and was not looking for substitutes (besides the promotion did not allow for substitutes). After I registered the SD-1 there was no way to redeem the promotional plugins. I was expecting the Microphone promotional plugins to be registered to my UA Hardware System containing my registered UA mics. I worked with UA Support (#779419) but was unsuccessful in resolving the issue. Apparently, they have no way to assign the new mic plugins to my Mic hardware system or any other Hardware system and plugins can only go into the Hardware System with my Apollos. That doesn’t seem to make sense - where would the UAD plugins be assigned if you only owned UA Mics?

Since I already owned the plugins in my Apollo hardware system nothing was done with my promotional plugins. Initially it doesn’t seem like a big deal. But if I were to sell my Apollos I would probably include the UAD-2 plugins with the UAD hardware. And their associated UAD-Native plugins would go with them. If I still owned the UA mics to use with a non UAD interface and wanted to use the Mic promotional UAD-Native plugins they would not be available since they were not assigned to any of my Hardware Systems, UA Connect or otherwise to my account.

Has anyone had duplicate plugins assigned to a second hardware system? Ironically, I have one duplicate plugin assigned to an unused Hardware System and I have no idea how it got there. Seems like UA needs to assess how they are handling their plugin registration system? I just wanted them to assign new my Mic promotional plugins to my Mic hardware system in case I ever needed them. It seems a shame to lose access to the mic promotional bundle, but I didn’t get anywhere with UA Support. What has been your experience with duplicate UAD plugins? Thanks

Last edited:

FutureLegends

I had two systems in my account, one with all my old UAD-1 hardware and plug-ins and another with the UAD-2 hardware and plug-ins. When I bought the Signature Bundle, those plug-ins ended up in my UAD-1 system. The kind folks at customer service moved the ones I didn't have to my UAD-2 system and created a new System 3 for all my UAD-2 duplicate plug-ins.

jm345

Thanks for the reply. Yes, having multiple systems with duplicate plugins is what I recall on how UA handled it. That is why I am confused about what I was told by Support Ticket # 779419.

RogueM

Venerated Member
B.A.D.

jm345

Interesting. I have always had good luck with UA Support. But this latest situation about duplicate plugins just didn't seem to make any sense.

Neotrope

Established Member
UAD has always been awesome with support of duplicate plugins, except for the 'bundled' basic stuff tied to hardware (e.g., the house plugins). So, if I bought a hardware unit with bundle of 8 items, and I already bought 4, they were always good on giving me my choice of any 4 items I did not have. Pretty A.W.E.S.O.M.E.

rodd

Hall of Fame Member
This happened to me recently because I bought ultimate 11. I asked support about the dupes, and the reply made sense, even if not to my advantage. It was basically that if you buy a bundle you’re getting the discounted rate, so there are no dupes. I would expect that if you paid the full price you would get them though, so just be aware that the lowered “my offers” price means it’s discounted based on the plugins you already own.

jm345

UAD has always been awesome with support of duplicate plugins, except for the 'bundled' basic stuff tied to hardware (e.g., the house plugins). So, if I bought a hardware unit with bundle of 8 items, and I already bought 4, they were always good on giving me my choice of any 4 items I did not have. Pretty A.W.E.S.O.M.E.
Yes, UA has been good about offering substitute plugins. I am not looking for that, just assigning the new promotional plugins, which are duplicates, to a system so they would be available in the future.

Neotrope

Established Member
Yes, UA has been good about offering substitute plugins. I am not looking for that, just assigning the new promotional plugins, which are duplicates, to a system so they would be available in the future.
I did that too. My system 2 has bunch of the "included with fixed bundle" dupes from one of my Apollos or Twins. Using those with an Arrow that came with pretty much nothing, as "system 2." :) Then "system 1" has all the big guns with no duplication. Upshot, just dump those in system 2 for rainy day. However, if tied to hardware, they will go to whichever system has that hardware, if I recall correctly. Something like that. Now my brain hurts :)

jm345

I did that too. My system 2 has bunch of the "included with fixed bundle" dupes from one of my Apollos or Twins. Using those with an Arrow that came with pretty much nothing, as "system 2." :) Then "system 1" has all the big guns with no duplication. Upshot, just dump those in system 2 for rainy day. However, if tied to hardware, they will go to whichever system has that hardware, if I recall correctly. Something like that. Now my brain hurts :)
Yeah, I don't understand why my promo plugin duplicates weren't assigned to System 4 which already has one duplicate plugin. The promo plugins wound up being worthless because UA Support just ignored them and refused to associate them anywhere in my account.

jm345

@UniversalAudio Is there someone in support who could review this situation. My Support Ticket is #779419. It is hard to believe UA can’t assign duplicate plugins, we earn from buying UA hardware, to another system in our account and that we are just supposed to lose any future use of them? Thanks

UniversalAudio

Official UA Representative
@UniversalAudio Is there someone in support who could review this situation. My Support Ticket is #779419. It is hard to believe UA can’t assign duplicate plugins, we earn from buying UA hardware, to another system in our account and that we are just supposed to lose any future use of them? Thanks
It appears the agent checked with their supervisor and got you definitive info. I can investigate, but I doubt I'll get differing info.

jm345

Thank you.

jm345

@UniversalAudio
Just got this email, thanks

"Your request (#803587) has been received and is being reviewed by our support staff."

UAD Bundle Month