• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

What would you add?

Hi
I have one of the earliest UAD1 Cards and a ton of plug ins. For the most part, I love them.

I have the included plugs - 1176, CS1, LA2A, Nigel, ...
and
Boss CE1
Cambridge
Dreamverb
Realverb
Faircild
Plate
Limiter
Pultec EQP
Dimension D
RE201

I am looking to add another UAD 1 card to my system. UA has done a great job of adding to the system's plugins. I do not have

the NEVEs
the Precision EQ
Precision Multi-band
Pultec Pro
or obviously anything about to come out

I know recommending plug ins is a shot-in-the-dark at best, since different musical styles call for different treatments (though I do love the LA2A plug in on almost everything).

I record jazzy space rock stuff with vintage synths, real guitars through real amps and real microphones, real or synth bass, but use MIDI or VST stuff for drums (about 1/2 the time).

Knowing that, what would you guys recommend of the plugs I don't have yet? ARe the NEVE's worth the price and or resources? As I said, I have found the LA2A to be useful in tons of applications. When I need more control, I go for the Fairchild. Don't use the 1176 that much - don't know why.

What about Multi-band? I have a TC Finalizer and tend to mix through my board (D8B) instead of in software. I have a multi-band in my TC Powercore suite, though I just don't like the TC stuff that much.

Pultec Pro - much different than the Pultec (amatuer?)?

Precision EQ - is there a sound difference vs Cambridge?

What new things are in development?

If some of these have been answered before, I apologize. I tend to use forums when things don't work right. So far, my UAD1 experience has not required using the forums much.

Thanks

Eric Dahlberg

Purveyor of musical dreams fullfilled.
The Neve 1073 is a must-have by any measure. Even the SE version is one of the best digital EQ's around. I personally consider the 33609 to be a must have but many people are unhappy about the DSP usage.

The Precision Multiband is better than the Master X3. However, remember that the Powercore MD3 covers the Precision Limiter & Precision Multiband in one yet is better than both of them.

I personally use the Pultec more often than the Pultec Pro.

The Precision EQ does not sound like the Cambridge, it's a lot smoother sounding but lacks the Cambridge's excellent filters. The Oxford EQ trumps both of them if you've got the DSP.

wishingwell

I love the neve collection, both 33609 compressor and 1073 eq, i like precision eq for its surgical abilities. I'd be pulled between these three plugins if it where my choice.

RWIL

Established Member
kilgoretrout1956 said:
I record jazzy space rock stuff with vintage synths, real guitars through real amps and real microphones, real or synth bass, but use MIDI or VST stuff for drums (about 1/2 the time).
Since I'm close to that, the Neve 1073 & 33609 are wonderfull.
The Pultec pro is cheap and a must have if you like the Pultec.

RW

UAD Bundle Month