• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

Which g5 works best with UAD-1, cubase sx3 and motu 828 mk2?

baikonour

I've got an ageing G4 and wants to get a G5 but i've been scared by the number of posts about g5 compatibility problems with the uad-1...also i am planning to get sx3. Oh and i am currently using a Motu 828 MK2.
..I also read some posts about firewire soundcard and g5 issues. Anyone can share his/her light?

Trace

From what UA says it would be the DP 1.8Ghz model. The newest one that has standard PCI slots, not the original model that had PCI-X slots. You should get good performance from this model. Also any of the single processor models which also don't have PCI-X slots.

TRACE :)

UAD Bundle Month