• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

Which host do you use?

Which host do you use?

• Cubase/Nuendo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ProTools (any type)

• Logic

• Digital Performer

• Samplitude/Sequoia

• Tracktion

• SawStudio

• Reaper

• Orion

• FL Studio

• Sonar

• EnergyXT

• Pyramix

• Soundscape

• Ableton Live

• Bidule

• Garageband

• SoundtrackPro

• Acid

• n-Track Studio

• Total voters

Akis

Sadly, left this world before his time.
What it says on the title. If you're using more than one, choose the one you use the most. If I forgot some host, tell me and I'll add it.

brian

Wow, didn't expect to see Orion on there. I don't use it a lot for mixing and never for recording, but I end up composing 80% of my music with it. When it comes to mixing/recording I use ProTools HD & Nuendo more or less equally, but overall I put in more hours writing and testing things out in Orion.

RWIL

Established Member
C4 & SX3

Sid Chigger

Superman
Forum Admin
Cubase here

Holly

I chose Cubase here, as it is the UAD forum and I use this when I need my UADs, but for tracking and editing I use mainly Pro tools LE now.

I would switch completely if they could solve the problems with PT/UAD and add automatic delay compensation in LE.

replicant

Cubase and three that are missing from the above list:
* GarageBand
* SoundTrackPro
* Kore

Best,
Joakim

Akis

Sadly, left this world before his time.
Thanks, Joakim. Re: Kore, it's not a multi-track recording-editing-mixing environment, is it? That's the type of hosts I've included in this poll and that's why editors like WaveLab are missing, too.

replicant

Akis said:
Thanks, Joakim. Re: Kore, it's not a multi-track recording-editing-mixing environment, is it? That's the type of hosts I've included in this poll and that's why editors like WaveLab are missing, too.
OK, no problem with that :wink:

lordward

I voted Cubase although I equally use Soundscape, however only for tracking. Cubase is my mix platform and I can't stand recording on it. Ok, midi is really ok with it however and of course the use of VSTi's. I have protools as well but only use it for location recordings and/opening and preparing sessions from out of house projects. I've never tried UAD in Protools (doesn't work in Soundscape) but I have the feeling there are more issues than with Cubase/Nuendo.

I'm not surprized that the majority are using Cubase(Nuendo) with UAD, it seems logical. For Protools (and Logic, I think) you can use Digidesign cards for more dsp.

nico

I use fruity studio because it's still the most creative sequencer.
But due to missing support for latency compensation I think about to change to Ableton Live or Cubase 4.

neil wilkes

Venerated Member
Nuendo here, since 1.01 and the 0.9 build of the UA PPI, where the LA2A was still a gleam in the developers eye.
No way I am changing, and don;t understand why anyone would lumber themselves with the dreadfully unstable PooTools, or the stripped down & even more useless PooTools LE.
Why?
We were forced to use this recently live, running the proper M-Audio version of LE as well as a full-blown setup on a Mac.
Nothing but crashing & lockups.
Constantly.
The M-Powered version would randomly stop on bar 16 with a buffer overflow error.
The Mac version just crashed at will, and we ended up tossing it all away, and I went out & fetched my Nuendo dongle & the installer with a backup of the updates to 3.2.1, and the problem simply went away.

DodgyDesign are an appalling company.

billybk1

Shareholder
neil wilkes said:
Nuendo here, since 1.01 and the 0.9 build of the UA PPI, where the LA2A was still a gleam in the developers eye.
Wow Neil, the .09 build of the UA PPI! You were one of the early pioneers.

Eric Dahlberg

Purveyor of musical dreams fullfilled.
lordward said:
I voted Cubase although I equally use Soundscape, however only for tracking.
How is the Soundscape-SSL connection working out for you? They just called yesterday to clue me in on the Duende plug-ins running on the Soundscape PCI card now, that's pretty stellar considering it also runs 64-channels of I/O.

lordward

Eric Dahlberg said:
lordward said:
I voted Cubase although I equally use Soundscape, however only for tracking.
How is the Soundscape-SSL connection working out for you? They just called yesterday to clue me in on the Duende plug-ins running on the Soundscape PCI card now, that's pretty stellar considering it also runs 64-channels of I/O.
Hi Eric,

I'm using this system still (Soundscape, that is) because I spent so much money on it and it has a re-sale value of less than %50. Great editing software, very reliable and stable. Too expensive and you have only 32 tracks per unit unless you buy the also very expensive Mixpander DSP card which gives you 32 more (Native) tracks which simply is not enough for me. I don't really care about the Soundscape-SSL connection; I see no advantages in this merger for myself at the moment. I had considered buying a Mixpander card and the SSL EQ but for that price (SSL EQ, @ EUR300 - Mixpander @ EUR 1500) it does not top the Duende - which has the EQ, compressor and buss compressor WITH the guarantee to work with 32 instances (which it does- for EUR 1500). For me Soundscape is cool because I've used it for so long and I'm quick with it but it is, unfortunately, very inflexible, outdated technology. Great piece of gear for a radio or tv station that needs to have a DAW online 24/7 but it's hardly a workhorse. No midi, a weak selection of DSP based plugins and low track count (for an outrageous price) has forced me to go in another direction but luckily it worked out well for me. I'm not giving my Soundscape unit up anytime soon but I doubt there will ever be any Soundscape revolution, with or without SSL.

Cheers,
DW

imdrecordings

Venerated Member
SX3 or Nuendo here...

Although...
Spent 4 hours learning more of SAM V9, today...on my day off..
MAN!!
My head hurts....

Feel like my brain has been twisted and pulled apart...
f**k learning new DAW software... DAMN IT TO HELL!!! :evil:
SAM V9, is nowhere near as stabile with UAD-1 as SX3 or Nuendo.

What a great ideda for a poll.
Why not make it a sticky?
You should have people enter their Host Software, when getting a account.

maq

Nuendo 3.21 here and occasionally C4 when I'm feeling ambitious. :D

UAD Bundle Month