• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

Who would like a Joe Meek SC2 emulation?

Eric Dahlberg

Purveyor of musical dreams fullfilled.
It's got to be the right version, though. How sad would it be if UA modeled one of the current ones by mistake?

NuSkoolTone

Established Member
I would be ALL OVER THAT.

Just make sure it's the right version like what was said, and for heaven's sake, NOT the SC2.2! :lol:

Suntower

Established Member
MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

FAT, FAT, FAT, FAT, FAT...

Did I mention I think it's the hugest sounding compressor I ever heard?

In fact, it may be the -only- compressor that sounds really distinctive to -my- tin ears.

---JC

Ben Logan

I'd love to see UA release anything in the way of \"colored\" compressors. More crayons in the box, as they say...

Cabbage

What is the difference between the different versions?

I have a SC3, and it sounds OK - not fantastic but not bad. The \"transient release\" knob is a real asset!

Petter

maxrebo

One of the few to still have one...

I got mine about 5 years ago as a demo model from Sam Ash in Hollywood. Little did I know what a rare piece of gear it has become! It has a fantastic sound, expecially for the price.

As for versions, I checked mine out awhile back, and though I didn't even realize this at the time I bought it, I lucked out getting a SC2 v1.05... it even has unlinked mono output gain knobs on the front. This is odd because most builds of the SC2 have a single stereo gain knob in the back.

But from what i've read online, the v1.05 is an extremely rare make and is what all other SC2 builds are based off of. It is the original SC2.

So I would suggest capturing that one, but it WOULD be neat to see an SC1 captured as well, the actual Joe Meek build and not the one re-issued by Ted Fletcher.

UA is more then welcome to capture mine! Err just don't break it, it's like my baby haha. :) I think it's in one of the pics on my sight.

Cheers!

Max Rebo
The Barking Spiders
http://www.broadjam.com/tbs[/img]

UAD Bundle Month