Wishlist for Luna 2

CWS

• More plugins with Integrated views in channel view, like done for API (f.ex. Neve)
  • Add Lyrics track (like Presonus Studio One 6.x)
    • Show Lyrics along the track
    • Show Lyrics Window and show the actual lyrics according to Luna cursor position
    • Click on Lyrics to move around in the track and move Luna cursor position
  • Save and restore track presets
    • Save each track setting (incl. documentation) as a track preset
    • Create a new track based on a stored preset
  • Integrated VU Meter per track (show/hide per track)
  • Add documentation functionality per track for hardware unit settings like Mic-Preamp, instruments settings, etc.
    • Rich-Text input for comments per track (instead of textbox)
    • Allow to add fotos
    • Copy from other track
  • Better MIDI track editing
    • It is hard to set/delete/move notes inside the trackview, a dedicated editor window some more edit functions would be nice
  • Add video track (like Presonus Studio One 6.5)
    • Same editing like recorded audio track
    • Easy way to create directly a music video
    • Export together with audio as a video
  • Dynamic determination of the key/chords of the arrangement
    • Show on a window (like Presonus Studio One 6.x)
    • Provide this information to plug-ins like Autotune
Wishes for Luna 1.x:
  • Let Luna start on the first try already. I always need to have a fews try to get it run. 😬
  • Let us use CoreAudio and Apollo (in native driver mode to be able to access Unison features) side by side in Luna. Actually there is only a way to decide a) Apollo or b) CoreAudio and CoreAudio provides limited functionality on Apollo devices.
    • I want to use all my audio-interface side-by-side at once in Luna for recording multi tracks at once
    • I want to use a CoreAudio output device while I record with Apollo
An stay on a native and optimized Mac implementation and to not try to create a cross-platform monster. Thanks. :)

1) Multi output software instruments.
2) 2024 level midi editing (loop a mid clip, how about that) many other things here.
3) More included plug ins, as per all other DAWs, basic eq, compressor etc.

GoldOnTheCeiling

1) Multi output software instruments.
Not a deal breaker for me and my workflow, but would be a nice addition for sure.

3) More included plug ins, as per all other DAWs, basic eq, compressor etc.
I would prefer that Luna stay free. I already have lots of plugins that are better than any basic ones that other DAW's charge for.

EoSNJ

MTC Send and Sync to external.

projekct

A way to pin channel types at left center or right hand sides of the mix windows, like Cubase does. Not a deal breaker but i feel it would be nice to have.

thomaskyhn

* Resizable extensions (as it is, you have to use macOS' zoom option to see the GUI at a legible size).
* Ability to change audio tracks from mono to stereo and the other way around.
* A solution to the "Unable to locate LUNA license" error every time you try to open LUNA.

yels

An stay on a native and optimized Mac implementation and to not try to create a cross-platform monster. Thanks. :)
Since they are providing plugins also for windows systems, why not also Windows implementation ? I thought Mac Fanaticism is over long time ago. Or maybe you could explain your idea clearly behind your thought ? :)

CWS

Since they are providing plugins also for windows systems, why not also Windows implementation ? I thought Mac Fanaticism is over long time ago. Or maybe you could explain your idea clearly behind your thought ? :)
Okay, you are maybe not a software developer. Writing an native application for a dedicated platform using their dedicated libraries and languages (in case of Apple it is a Swift application) is always more optimized than a cross-platform implementation using cross-platform development kits and libraries like Qt or something else. This has nothing to do with "Mac Fanaticism" - it is vise versa for Windows apps. I want to have best performance without compromises on cross-platform restrictions. This was my idea behind this sentence. :)

yels

Okay, you are maybe not a software developer. Writing an native application for a dedicated platform using their dedicated libraries and languages (in case of Apple it is a Swift application) is always more optimized than a cross-platform implementation using cross-platform development kits and libraries like Qt or something else. This has nothing to do with "Mac Fanaticism" - it is vise versa for Windows apps. I want to have best performance without compromises on cross-platform restrictions. This was my idea behind this sentence. :)
I am a software developer actually but my perspective is different. Nowadays we have more advanced Cpus and simplified libraries than before so I believe this wont be a big problem anymore. So I don't think our multicore computers will really struggle under that load but anyway I just wonder the reason :) cheers

FutureLegends

• built in pitch correction, so you switch between : clips - warps - pitch : and can adjust pitch directly in context of your other tracks.
• VI multi out
• Neve Console Emulation (if they can sort out license issues)
• UA/LUNA Console Emulation and Summing (610 A & B, Century)
• Custom key commands
• Track folders. Or a collapse track group. Maybe just a reverse spill kinda thing where all tracks that go to a bus gets hidden.

That's about it.

alamere

Some of these are interesting, and are not what I would even remotely imagine are high priority at all for UA.

My list would be:

Hardware inserts
Everything should be resizable - This part should work just like pro-tools does. Including track widths in the mix window
More key commands
Need plugs and system to work with multi-mono instances.

This list of 4 things, would at the very least, encourage a lot more adoption from the pro crowd IMO.

Stuff like more console emulation, more plugin types etc.. are likely on the horizon anyways

UAD Bundle Month