• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

Working AMD AM2 Setups

electro77

Venerated Member
Can anyone with a working AMD AM2 chipset + UAD-1 setup post?

Sid Chigger

Superman
Forum Admin
Yep - Specs below..

electro77

Venerated Member
I dont think the A8V uses the AM2 chipset.

Sid Chigger

Superman
Forum Admin
Oops - Yep - My bad - Scratch that.. Note to self - read the whole post twice.. LOLOL

Eric Dahlberg

Purveyor of musical dreams fullfilled.
The Gigabyte GA-M55plus-S3G seems to be working great with both the UAD-1 & the Powercore PCI MK2. This board has 4 PCI slots, 3 PCIe slots, AND an on-board GeForce 6100 video adapter. The video adapter seems to be fine at 1280 x 1024 but sucks so far on my 20\" (doesn't do 1680 x 1050 & is really choppy at 1400 x 1050), I'll see if updating the driver helps & report back.

Commodor

Eric,

Have you tried disabling the onboard video and using an add-in PCIe video card? This mobo looks promising with 4 PCI slots.

Thanks for posting your report on this!

Commodor

Eric Dahlberg

The on-board video ended up working really well, I just had to get the correct drivers installed. Adding a UAD-1e to one of the PCIe slots ended up causing trouble with our four drive RAID array but I have a suspicion this is power supply-related.

Commodor

Thanks for the update Eric!

I may look into this mobo. I was already in the process of building a new DAW rig with X2 processor and nForce 4 motherboard but I've decided now to ditch this and go straight to the newer motherboards and chipsets. Your info is very helpful.

OTOH, though I've been with AMD for a long time now, the new Intel Core 2 is looking very good. Undecided still as to which route I'll take.

Thanks again for you helpful posts.

Commodor

Eric Dahlberg

My original intention was actually to get one of those new Intel chipsets. This board has more available slots than any other I've found (there are lots of 7-slot boards out there but none others with on-board video) & that's what made me change focus.

electro77

Venerated Member
Is the UAD card limit still 4?

Eric Dahlberg

The limit's been raised to 8.

Sid Chigger

Superman
Forum Admin
Eric Dahlberg said:
The limit's been raised to 8.
:eek: What? When? Where?

Eric Dahlberg

It was discussed on this forum a month or so ago, I seem to remember that UA had told somebody about it at the AES show. My mistake for saying the limit has already been raised, though.

MarkE

Eric Dahlberg said:
It was discussed on this forum a month or so ago, I seem to remember that UA had told somebody about it at the AES show. My mistake for saying the limit has already been raised, though.
Hi,

That thread and all the talk that happened because of it, in my mind constitute internet rumours. I think it would be wrong for anyone to buy more cards *hoping* that the limit may be raised based on what's been said on these forums. Until I see it officially announced by UA I won't believe it and will assume it's not going to happen.

I've just sent an email to support asking for more info on this. If I get anything back I'll post it here.

As I said before, I hope I'm wrong. I've got 4 cards and would love more.

Mark

bee

Eric Dahlberg said:
I was on the phone with support on Friday and questioned this I was told that the 4 card limit still stands.

Eric Dahlberg

MarkE said:
That thread and all the talk that happened because of it, in my mind constitute internet rumours. I think it would be wrong for anyone to buy more cards *hoping* that the limit may be raised based on what's been said on these forums. Until I see it officially announced by UA I won't believe it and will assume it's not going to happen.
Agreed. Even if it does happen eventually, UA's development times are generally so long that it would be foolish to sit on unused cards.

MarkE

Hi,

This is UA's reply to the email I sent:

Hello,

Universal Audio has not made this claim. However, We our always looking into ways to bring more UAD power to our customers. Stay tuned to our website for new announcement.

UAD Bundle Month