Yeehaw!

LesBrown

Hall of Fame Member
Howdy! My second album, The Next One, will be released soon; my target date is before Summer solstice.

A while ago, I shared a video for the mellowest song on the new album, "Daisy in the Wind." Here is a video from the opposite end of the album: the un-mellowest song on The Next One, "Yeehaw." The music is a 'late demo'. Note: All the footage is Pexels.com, and I do not appear in the video. I hope you like it!

wglotz

Established Member
Git Down Muh Fk'er!

Great guitar sounds and great mix.

LesBrown

Hall of Fame Member
Great guitar sounds and great mix.
Thank you!

The rhythm guitars are Gibson SG and Kiesel Theos. Lead is an Ibanez js2480. Pedal chain is (TUNER PEDAL!!!) -> UAFx 1176 -> Wampler Pantheon Overdrive -> UAFx Lion -> Apollo. Bass is Fender P into Apollo (forgot the plugins), drums are Roland TD-17 -> Superior Drummer (Area 33). The beatbox sound is from Native Instruments Reaktor. Vocal samples from Rastsound.com. Shaker sound is from some Native Instruments library, forget which one.

Oh yeah: DAW is Luna with many UAD plugins.

klasaine

Hall of Fame Member
Great track Les!
*The uafx 1176 pedal is, IMO, "the" killer comp pedal.

chrisharbin

Hall of Fame Member

wglotz

Established Member
I know it's pretty much the norm today, but the thing I'm not big on is the 1 to 2 second scene rate. Moves too fast for my tiny brain to comprehend.🫨

LesBrown

Hall of Fame Member
I know it's pretty much the norm today, but the thing I'm not big on is the 1 to 2 second scene rate. Moves too fast for my tiny brain to comprehend.🫨
Yeah, I threw it together in a few hours to give folks something to look at as they try to tolerate the music.

My first idea was clips of different women on mechanical bulls and bucking broncos, but I couldn't find enough free videos that were family friendly.

rodd

Hall of Fame Member
Great tune, awesome guitar playing. I love the video. I know you said you threw it together, and while it’s obviously highly edited I like it.

LesBrown

Hall of Fame Member
Great tune, awesome guitar playing. I love the video. I know you said you threw it together, and while it’s obviously highly edited I like it.
Thank you! For the lead guitar part, I went out and grabbed a 12 pack of Miller Lite, came home, sat down and played 3 takes over a 4 minute loop of the rock part. Take 3 was the one. I trimmed that 4 minute lead down to fit the 1.5 minutes or whatever it is. (I call it the 'radio version.') It was fun as heck, but I knew #3 was it, so I stopped while I was ahead. I had 11.5 beers left.

For the video, I had to edit a lot to make stuff happen to the beat, etc., but it's iMovie and it is really easy. Drag, nudge, cut, paste, etc.

Matt Hepworth

Master of the UADiverse
Forum Admin
UAD Bundle Month