• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

You need 80 pin Magma ribbon cables?

Eric Dahlberg

Purveyor of musical dreams fullfilled.
Bob isn't able to make the cable without a drawing. Did he already make one for you?

Emusic1

Is this just a straight through cable?
I haven't seen a pinout for it online.
I was hoping this would be a reasonably priced solution since I could use a couple of these!
The connectors look like some kind of \"Centronics\" type, but I don't see any 80 pin versions after a quick Google......

G

Emusic1 said:
Is this just a straight through cable?
I haven't seen a pinout for it online.
I was hoping this would be a reasonably priced solution since I could use a couple of these!
The connectors look like some kind of "Centronics" type, but I don't see any 80 pin versions after a quick Google......
I believe it is a straight through cable. I will likely be sending one to Bob for him to dissect & duplicate. He said this would be the best bet. If you've got a dead cable, now would be the time.

Eric Dahlberg

Please let me know when you've sent that to him.

G

Eric Dahlberg said:
Please let me know when you've sent that to him.
The two cables I have right now are both good. They may be sold along with a Magma that I have FS here and elsewhere. Right now one of the cables is at ADK ProAudio being used to troubleshoot a unit they have there. If I don't get any bites on the Magma, I may tell them to just ship the cable to this company so they can duplicate it. I had a pretty extensive conversation with him last year and he said that if he had a cable (dead or alive), there should be no problem building another one for a *reasonable* price once he was sure of the pinout.

The reason I was so late posting this info about him was that I got busy right after I talked to him and then I lost the info, and continued to be too busy to look for it. I ran across it by accident while cleaning up my office the other day so I figured I'd post it here since I have seen others here looking for these flat ribbon cables.

It took ma a day and a half of scouring the net and making calls before I found someone who said they would be willing to do this. If anyone else has a cable, it might be a faster process for everyone involved to give him a call and be the first one on the block.

Kevinlane

I'm needing an 80 pin also. or least that looks to be the case.
My cable is flat, came with an Avid expansion I got off the F/s board here.

Only problem is the cable is too short for me.

I'm definately interested.

Eric Dahlberg

Kevin, Bob Patterson should have no problem creating a longer cable for you when you send yours in to him.

Kevinlane

Eric have you or Animix been in touch and had work done by Bob Paterson? Or anyone for thaty matter.

He says he cannot find the scematic for this type of cable, suggested if anyone here had done it before he might be able to call up the scematic.

So far no go . . . :cry:

G

Does he still wants one? I have a broken cable right here doing nothing at the moment.

Kevinlane

Bob has not told me at any time that I should send in the cable, although I have offered. I think he did tell animix that though.

Eric Dahlberg

I couldn't get anything done because we didn't have a working cable available to send him. We have one now, though, so we plan on getting a dozen or so made by him. Does anyone want any of them? They'll probably be cheaper this way since we're getting a quantity made at the same time.

G

If he's able to make some longer one's, I'll want one for sure! I now have a 60cm one and need more length (for the cable that is :p )

Kevinlane

You bet, put me down for one.

Mine is only 24 inches (my cable!!! LOL!) :D

So i could use the 1.5 meter length.

That is the max length they recomend, correct??

Eric Dahlberg

I originally thought we would have him make one the same length as the one we have, just to make sure it works flawlessly, but I'll be happy to make them longer if someone can confirm there won't be any problems with doing so.

Mikem

I'd want one, if they're reasonably priced and a decent length. These are the flat PCI cables, right?

ranchdip

I may be interested as well. :D

Emusic1

Any word on the cables? I still need two of them!
I saw an ad for someone selling an older style Magma with a 4 foot long cable that was custom made... so it least somebody else has been able to make one...

Kevinlane

I too, would still be interested in one, but have no answers.
Hopefully one long than my 2ft one can be made.

UAD Bundle Month