Blurry GUIs on all my UADx plugins

lclyman1

I just downloaded all the UADx plugins and across the board the gui's are completely blurred out...

Any fixes for this?

Thanks,
Larry

lclyman1

I already submitted a ticket to support. FYI all the UADx plugins show that they've been authorized in my UA Connect app. And until today the UADx plugins I previously downloaded worked perfectly. Today when I opened up UA Connect I had to update all my previous downloads. That must have caused the problem.

They do test this stuff don't they?

LC

lclyman1

Well, that's a new requirement...as I mentioned, the UADx plugins I downloaded previously worked just fine until today..

I guess we'll be forced to update..

Thanks,
LC

zvenx

Established Member
Last edited:

Electronic

I can confirm,
The first set of UAD Spark plugin installed, activated and worked on OSX Mojave, no issues - I did not update these ones
But the new Pultecs open up as blurred GUI and cannto be used
I've activated the iLok just fine, it's just the blurred GUI issue that looks crazy with no functionality.

I wont update the first set of UAD Spark plugins which are working perfect right now from the original install, I get the feeling it will cause the blurring issue for these plugins as well.

rickwaters

Established Member
Mac OS Monterey 12, they open blurry and resolve themselves in seconds.

That's my story.

slamthecrank

Hall of Fame Member
All are blurry on instantiation, at least on standard monitors (not 4K+).
They do the same on 5k monitors.... just part of the loading process. I assume it's by design (which I like) because it visually tells you that it is a UADx instead of UAD. Just a visual notification that you're using CPU not DSP.

Thornay

I guess it's something related to the universal binary that's installed for M1 support. It might be happening that Mojave is not compatible with those.

mistergeeaye

That's an unsupported OS.
hello all. I've been a long time lurker on this forum and I want to start by saying thank you for all the gems over the years.

and I hate to have this be my 1st "contribution" to any conversation, but with all due respect and PLEASE forgive my tone (I admit, I'm BEYOND frustrated with this issue)...sure, that might be documented as "an unsupported OS" NOW and if that's the case NOW, then it is what it is and I/those with issues will have to make some hard decisions.

but to simple reduce it down to us running an unsupported OS as the basis of our problems seems a bit dismissive. especially when as Electronic and Iclyman1 noted and as I can confirm, that has not always the case. I've been able to use UADx plugins in all of my mixing sessions going back to March when Spark released. that is until I updated for the Pultec collection 2 days ago. and unfortunately Catalina isn't an option for me because I'll lose support for something else important in my setup (SSL Alpha Link). I get it, it's not UA's issue if I have specific workflow needs that UA can't account for. but I'd hope you'd be a little more empathetic to your customers who are dealing with a myriad of issues that we are not the source of as UAD Spark worked on Mojave upon release. I personally wouldn't be in here venting if otherwise was the case and to hear such a dismissive tone for a company that I've spent so much money with over the years is disheartening.

carry on and thanks for listening.

Davide82

I get that it sucks but....

Your OS was never supported. That info was available, you just didn't realise it but luckily for you it worked for a while.

The fact it worked for a while does not mean it was "supported".

Once people in your situation started kicking up a fuss that they somehow missed that info months ago, UA scrambled damn fast I have to say to find a solution for you all which is already out there.

Besides maybe having something within UAC that physically stops you installing on older OSs I'm really not sure what more you guys expect from them.

fizechile

I get that it sucks but....

Your OS was never supported. That info was available, you just didn't realise it but luckily for you it worked for a while.

The fact it worked for a while does not mean it was "supported".

Once people in your situation started kicking up a fuss that they somehow missed that info months ago, UA scrambled damn fast I have to say to find a solution for you all which is already out there.

Besides maybe having something within UAC that physically stops you installing on older OSs I'm really not sure what more you guys expect from them.
what is exactly the 'solution'? thanks.

Davide82

I'm not at home but taking a look at your picture I am guessing you "uninstall" then "install version".

Maybe you don't need to uninstall first, that's just my guess.

Try one of the buttons either way

UAD Bundle Month